Invest in at least one freezer chest to keep your pup’s raw dog food budget under control! That’s because it’ll enable you to stock up on cuts of meat that are on sale and purchase in bulk.
I’m giving away one 5.1 cubic foot freezer chest to one lucky reader of K9sOverCoffee. Simply leave a comment in the comment section below this post and let me know how many pets are raw fed in your home!
Quick Freezer Chest Giveaway Facts
Winner will be selected randomly on Thanksgiving Day 2019, November 28
Must have US mailing address within the contiguous US
Leave a comment in the comment section below this post to enter
Benefits Of A Freezer Chest For Raw Dog Food
I purchased my own 5.1 cubic foot freezer chest for my pups’ raw dog food on Amazon and it is BY FAR my favorite raw dog feeding tool! The main benefits are:
- Using it exclusively for my pup’s raw dog food
- I’m finally able to use the freezer part of my fridge for human food!
- Being able to stock up on my favorite, individual cuts of raw meat before they’re sold out
- Taking advantage of sales both online and at local grocery stores
- If your dog eats chicken and turkey, take advantage of both birds being on sale after the holidays
Check out my post Keeping Raw Dog Food Affordable With Turkey Deals After The Holidays for further reading.
What’s Currently In My Freezer Chest?
I feed a mix of pre-made and homemade raw dog food, and that’s exactly what’s currently in my dog Wally’s freezer chest. I’m also happy to report that it’s full!
Wally’s freezer chest currently contains individual cuts of raw dog food from:
- Raw Feeding Miami (Beef organ mix Monstermash, beef kidneys, beef pancreas, rabbit kidneys, turkey liver, duck heads)
- Walmart (chicken feet)
- My local grocery store Food Lion (chicken liver & chicken leg quarters)
It also contains pre-made raw dog food from the following brands:
- Balanced Blends raw & steamed dog food (chicken, turkey, beef)
- Steve’s Real Food (TurDuckEn – mix of Turkey, Duck, & Chicken)
- Primal Pet Foods (Turkey Sardine)
- Nature’s Variety (Real Rabbit)
- Stella & Chewy’s (Surf ‘n Turf – Beef & Salmon)
I usually don’t have that many different premade raw dog foods in my freezer chest (I’m sorry – in WALLY’S freezer chest), but one of my local independently owned pet food retailers had a 20% sale on their raw dog food selection before Hurricane Dorian – so I stocked up!!
The basket holds homemade pureed broccoli and cauliflower, as well as organ mix Monstermash that I scooped out into smaller containers that last me about 4 days once thawed.
Where Can You Buy A Freezer Chest For Your Dog’s Raw Food?
If you don’t want to wait until the giveaway is over, or if you end up not winning the freezer chest and want to buy one, you can find good deals on Amazon as well as at home improvement stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot.
If you want to save some money, try your luck on Craigslist or FaceBook Market Place. However, keep in mind that older units may not be as energy efficient as new ones.
This giveaway is now closed! Congratulations to the lucky winner, Andie Cox and his pack of 3 dogs and 4 cats!
Leave your comment in the comment section below to enter the giveaway! Please let me know how many pets are raw fed in your home.
One winner will be randomly selected on Thanksgiving Day, 2019 (November 28). Good luck to everyone!